In an effort to continue to surprise my readers, you, I have decided to do another TOP TEN LIST!! My last one worked out pretty well and I enjoyed doing it so here is another one for your reading pleasure.
This idea comes from a very dear friend at The Cherry On Top Events, Tory Bright! Tory and I have known each other for about 16 years! Man that makes me feel old...
Anyway, here is the latest Top Ten:
The Ten Best Things About Being A Mom(in no particular order)
1) Hugs- You know you love them! Little tiny arms squeezing you with all of their might are definitely one of the best things about being a mom!
2) Kisses- Yes, even the slobbery baby ones...It's the most amazing thing when my girls love on me. Especially when Miss A, my 10 year old, asks me for a goodnight kiss! It makes me feel great that, even though she is getting older, she still needs the Mom Stuff sometimes.
3) Screwing with them- Don't lie. We all mess with our kids sometimes. At one point, for about a week, we had Miss A convinced that peperoni came from an animal called a Pep. Peps live in Australia and come in all sorts of different colors, even PURPLE! Mean? A little. Funny? FOR SURE! She's a good sport though and laughs about it now.
4) Watching them excel- Watching my girls do something and do it well is AMAZING!! I loved seeing CC do well with cheer! Miss A was awesome to watch as she got better and better at gymnastics! I, of course, love to watch them excel in school as well! Both of my girls are amazing little readers and fantastic mathematicians!!
5) Watching them pick themselves back up- I think this may even be better than watching them excel. Miss A had been having a hard time with math for a while before we moved, but she never gave up. This year, she is doing MUCH better and is learning that, now that she likes it, she actually has a knack for numbers! CC is great for this. She will sometimes have a hard time with a word and put the book down and get upset. (My kids don't have to try hard at much, so when they do it can be frustrating for them) I absolutely love watching her get over her frustration and pick that book up and try again, usually getting it within a few seconds.
6) Watching them try new foods- Have you ever given a baby a lemon? The look on their faces when they try something new is GREAT!!
7) Teaching them new things- From riding a bike to driving a car, it's a challenge but it's totally worth it to help them expand their horizons!
8) Pictures- I absolutely love to take their pictures and show them off! I also love being able to look back on how much they have grown!
9) Sleepless nights- Now, you might be thinking "What the hell are you talking about?!?", but really. Think about it, did you ever think that you would be able to survive on less than 4 hours sleep a night for months at a time? I know I didn't...at least not without some sort of outside illegal stimuli...But I did! Those sleepless nights that we all complain about so much really show us what we are made of and what we can accomplish.
10) Life Lessons- The saying, "from the mouths of babes" says it all. These little mouths can teach us the most profound and most needed lessons in life. Everything is so innocent to them. So cut and dry. They view the world from a place much simpler than we do and sometimes that helps them to see things a lot clearer than we do. Remember not to dismiss your children's opinions simply because they are small. The small ones usually have the clearest insight to a problem.
Again, a giant THANK YOU to Tory Bright at The Cherry On Top Events for the wonderful idea!!!!!!!!!!!