And I thought boys were bad...

All the dirt of boys, plus the attitude...

Friday, January 18, 2013

Desperation: A Poem

This week has been incredibly long.  Seriously, the journey from Monday to Friday morning took WAY more than 4 days.  I swear someone added an extra day in there somewhere.  A friend at work says that no one added an extra day, but someone definitely turned back the clock on Monday.  Whatever it is, whoever did it, I want you to know that it's wrong.  That's really f-ed up and I forbid you from ever doing it again!  ;)

Anyway, since the week has been so long, I haven't even thought about what I am going to write this morning.  I have made no attempt to prepare.  I think what I'll do, instead of boring you all with some half-hearted monologue, is just share a poem that I wrote a while ago.  I'm not sure exactly when I wrote it, but I know I was feeling like a fake because I wasn't happy and I felt lost but I was pretending I was fine.  So, here you go:

Desperation

Whenever you start to think that
I'm brave
Please stop
I'm not
You're wrong
I'm terrified inside but I can't let it show

Whenever you start to think that
I'm strong
Please stop
I'm not
You're wrong
I'm dying inside but I can't let you know

If I let it out I'll never recover
I'll never be able to move again
My world will stop turning

I'm afraid
I'm weak
But I can't let you know

I share this because I know that we have all felt this way at one point or another.  This was how my heart felt at that point.  Even typing it now, I feel the desperation I felt when I wrote it the first time.  Things got better.  They do that, things, they get better.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Kristen. I think my favorite ever of you. Very honest, and funny (the first part). Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?